What is cloud computing?
Cloud computing changes the way we think about technology. Cloud is a computing model providing web-based software, middleware and computing resources on demand. By deploying technology as a service, you give users access only to the resources they need for a particular task. This prevents you from paying for idle computing resources. Cloud computing can also go beyond cost savings by allowing your users to access the latest software and infrastructure offerings to foster business innovation.
Cloud computing allows companies to rethink IT and reinvent the way they do business.
• 55% of business executives believe cloud enables business transformation
• 60% of CIOs plan to use cloud - up from 33% two years ago.
Source: 2011 IBM CIO Study, London School of Economics, December 2010Reinvent Business
• Faster time to market for new services
• Increased focus on differentiated processes
• Meet changing customer expectations
• Rapidly deliver services
• Integrate services across cloud environments
• Increase efficiency
IBM SmartCloud Offerings:
SmartCloud is the IBM vision for cloud computing. Accelerate business transformation with capabilities from IBM cloud offerings:
•Architecture for private and hybrid cloud (IBM SmartCloud Foundation)
•Cloud computing as a service for IT (IBM SmartCloud Services)
•Software as a service (SaaS) business solutions (IBM SmartCloud Solutions)